Version 0.3(beta), Nov 12, 2018
- Bug Fixes
- [P0009] Due to specification change of Google Maps, GPXEV may not start on Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Version 0.2(beta), Oct 13, 2018
- What's changed
- [C0001] If GPXEV is executed with only GPX file name specified in the URL, the coordinates and zoom factor of Google Maps are automatically adjusted so that the entire route can fit within the screen.
- [C0002] If you are using an older version, GPXEV will tell you that a new version was released at startup.
- Bug Fixes
- [P0001] The button to increase / decrease the value of "Stroke opacity" on the Path tab of the Configuration dialog does not work properly.
- [P0002] When route is newly created, the size of the Current Marker does not correspond to the zoom ratio of Google Maps.
- [P0003] If you start GPXEV with GPX file(URL), latitude(lat), longitude(lng) specified, the initial display position of Google Map may be out of the specified coordinates.
- [P0004] If you load a new gpx file while a waypoint is selected, the current marker will not be displayed correctly.
- [P0005] If you select trk in the Route List dialog and click the Full view button on the Route View dialog, an error will occur.
- [P0006] If you remove a waypoint on the Waypoint List dialog, the waypoint you clicked next may be unintentionally removed.
Version 0.1(beta), May 8, 2018
It's first released version.
- [P0007] If you remove a link from the waypoint of wptType, the marker on the map also disappears.
- [P0008] If the route is wptType, the "Waypoint Information" may be redisplayed even if you remove the waypoint link.
- [P0010] Even if you turn off the display of Route Marker on the Marker Control dialog, the Route Marker may be displayed. The first case is when you load a GPX file. The second case is when you click the active button on the Route List dialog. (✱)
- [P0011] In rare cases, the color palette may not be displayed on the Route List dialog. The procedure to reproduce this problem is not specified. We are currently investigating.
- [P0012] "rte type" metadata may not be write when GPX file is saved. (✱)
✱ This bug will be fixed in the next version.
Last Updated: Nov 15, 2018
- GPXEV does not support "extension" tags of GPX. GPXEV will support "extension" tags in the future.
- There are places where new markers can not be placed when editing the route. Please move the marker after placing the marker once.
You can not add a waypoint on the label.
Click once outside the label.
Drag and drop the marker to the target point.
- When reading GPX files on the Internet using HTTP, the server must allow CORS(Cross-Origin Resource Sharing). Specifically, "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" must be specified in the HTTP reply header returned by the server to the client.
The way to set up .htaccess using the apache is as follows.
- Create .htaccess file in the directory containing the GPX file of the server.
- Write the following line in the .htaccess file.
Header append Access-Control-Allow-Origin: https://askz.sakura.ne.jp, http://askz.sakura.ne.jp
Error code 8201 is occurred when GPX file is read from server which CORS is not permitted.
If your server does not support SSL (https), please use GPXEV by http(http://askz.sakura.ne.jp/gpxev/gpx_editor_and_viewer.cgi).
- When clicking the "active" button of wptType on the "Route List" dialog, the center coordinates of the map may move automatically. This is the specification of Google maps.
1. Touring map around Mount Fuji (rteType)
It's recommended route around Mount Fuji for riding a motorcycle in Japan.
This is example GPX file of "rteType", contains 2,691 waypoints and 6 external links(199kbyte).
2. Map of shrines and temples in Japan (wptType)
It's a map of famous shrines and temples in Japan.
This is small example GPX file of "wptType", contains 17 points(4.6kbyte).
3. Cross the Japanese archipelago (trkType)
It's a route to cross the Japanese archipelago by motorcycle. It took 15 days.
This is large example GPX file of "trkType", contains 15 tracks and 29,087 waypoints(2,275kbyte). Click
button, if you would like to hide the information window on Google Maps.
This is an example of a huge GPX file. It takes about 1 minute to display the route on Google Maps.